Thursday, February 22, 2007

Four Square....


For my husband's grandparents 60th wedding anniversary, everyone in the family is suppose to make a quilt block for a memory quilt. Well... there are 4 of us in the family... so there are 4 blocks to make. I decided to do hand prints for the boys... Buddy wanted a twins logo on his, and I found a cool pattern of an appliqued loon, so I decided to make that for myself... just finished them last night... gotta send them off to Buddy's mom so she can piece the whole thing together... looking forward to seeing it when it is all done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn I am sooooo excited! The redwork is beautiful. I have ideas for your borders,not that my opinion is the best but here goes: I would make a narrow border in a brown to coordinate with your blocks to frame the blocks, finished width maybe 1" and then a second border that is maybe 2" width in a red. I would use plain fabrics or very small print to set off your beautiful blocks without taking away from the patterns in your block fabrics. I would love to be quilting with you. Love, Bobbi Jo