Thursday, February 8, 2007

Prairie Dawn, blog-a-holic

Alright, so I'm kinda a big fan of crafting... I always have been! As a kid, my second favorite store to go into was always the craft store (first being my dad's store, of course). I could spend hours looking and letting my mind wonder about all the wonderful things I could make! And now, with the world wide web at my fingertips I feel like a little kid in the candystore, err, I mean craft store... looking at patterns and notions... thinking up enough projects to make so I would never have to buy a gift ever again. I'm one of those people who have 5 projects I'm working on at any given time and 6 more that I'm searching out the materials for.

My crafts of choice as of late have been quilting and general sewing and crochet. I'm intrigued by scrap booking, but am fearful that if I start, I'll start buying tons of stuff that goes along with it, so I've steered clear of paper crafts for the most part. I've done a little craft painting here and there, but I'm not so good with making a composition, so that'll wait too. I worked in a bakery as my summer job in high school and through college. I learned the basics of decorating a cake but lately have started making chocolates... ummm... chocolate! I know how to knit, but am pretty lousy at it. I'm much quicker with a hook, so I crochet lots. The only channel that comes in clear on our TV is PBS so I've seen a lot of sewing and quilting how-to shows. It inspired me to put my grandmothers old sewing machine to good use and made a few quilts. last winter I made a white fur trimmed cloak for my sister-in-law's wedding and a vest and matching bow tie for my little boy.

See future blogs about all my projects... since I make lots of things as gifts, If I blog about something for someone who may come across this little corner of cyberspace, I'll just hide those entries till the gift has been given... I have taken lots of pictures of past projects that I've made so I'll try to post some of those pics on here too... mainly for a journal of sorts for myself, but hope you enjoy it as well!

No comments: